International Biennial of Glass
Silica Project 2011 - "SiO2nH2O - Illuminations & Transitions
European Studio Glass Art Association has selected two European regions in order to present the 2011 edition of the Biennale Internationale du Verre, Alsace and the Veneto thus creating a cultural dialogue around a unifying theme: the heritage identity tied to tradition Art glass from which a vitality and a remarkable vision of contemporary art.
Twelve sites in all (museums, private foundations, art schools ...), on two separate geographic poles host, on two specific periods (from 4 June to 30 September 2011 and October 14 to November 28, 2011) exhibits artists European, reflecting the dynamics of contemporary creation in the field of glass.
The first part of the Biennale will be hosted by the Veneto region in two places:
- From 4 June to 15 September, Palazzetto Bru Zane ( www.bru-zane.com ) will host its heart, open patio, external works of Vladimir and Renato ZBYNOVSKY SANTAROSSA. Opening reception June 3 at the invitation.
- From 15 July to 30 September, Murano Glass Museum will receive a portion of its rooms the works of Caroline PRISSE, Joan CROUS, Vincent BREED and Bert FRIJNS.
Opening July 14 by invitation.
The Alsace region is particularly active in Venice and Murano, accompanying ESGAA and Ecole Superieure des Arts Decoratifs in Strasbourg , two students will create, with the Abate Zanetti Glass School ( www.abatezanetti.it ), an original work that will be exposed on this occasion.
Whether the Glass Museum of Murano, known worldwide and visited or Palazzetto Bru Zane - Romantic French Music Centre, the two places are undeniable cultural entities that integrate, inter alia, to the stream of visits caused by the high concentration of the 54th Biennale in Venice.
The second part of the Biennale will anchor in Alsace in ten places from October 14 to November 28:
- Museum Wurth Erstein present over a period of four months, a retrospective of Studio Glass Movement repositioning, this global art movement, in creating artistic glass of the early twentieth century to today.
- The Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art Strasbourg present a retrospective of the work of Maurice Marinot.
- The Regional Council of Alsace
- The General Council of Bas-Rhin
- The Court of Boecklin
- The Italian Cultural Institute
- The Boiler
- The House
- The head of banking group CIC East
Strasbourg art galleries also participate in this event.
All information on this event and these exposures: www.biennaleduverre.eu